Friday, October 12, 2007

HOW TO BE HAPPY:

I believe that it is possible for almost all individuals to live happier lives most of the times. At present following suggestions come to my mind:

Do not try to pretend to be some one, who you are not. In a simple way what I mean is that you should say exactly what you decide to say, do exactly what you decide to do. If you will try to "manipulate" your ideas and actions to reach at some results, you will be compromising with your happiness. Obviously in making your decisions as to what to say or what to do, try not to be selfish and also try your best that your words or actions do dot unduly hurt any one. My suggestion is that at any time if you can not think a proper way to make a "proper" statement, please do not make the statements at that time. Find an opportunity when you are fully composed with your mind, think of a proper statement and then at some proper time, make the statement.

In this reference it is important to form a method as to how should we decide what actions to take. Typically we use two major body senses in trying to decide this question – some persons say using your heart or using your brain. To make this point I will use a simple example. I feel like signing up for owning a luxury house that I can not afford. My rational calculations tell me that I "should" not sign up for it, where as my desire is very strong to sign up for it. In my opinion, if you want to be happier in the longer term, at times, you can let loose your "feelings" but final decision should be arrived at after you have full approval from your rational mind.

I have no knowledge as to how any ones "feelings" work, but my education of life has taught me how to use my rational thinking. I clearly feel that our rational thinking is based on the knowledge we have at that time. My suggestion to you is that whenever your knowledge increases, you should not be "coward" in saying "At that time I made a mistake and now I want to correct my previous decision". Some how I do not respect a person who says, "Once I made the statement, I want to stick to it". I do not respect a person who always keeps changing his mind also. In the brief, my point is that you should take your time and use your all the body senses while making your decisions. But some how if you realize that your decision was made with incomplete knowledge, you should change it. Here it is also important that you should not be selfish for yourself only and you should also take into account the effect your change of decision will make on others. You should take all these factors while making your decisions; your basis must be that you are looking for long term happiness and not a short-term relief.

Another thing I like to suggest is that keep in mind that whenever any thing is worth doing it is worth doing properly and 100%. This habit will give you confidence and happiness.

Make sure that whenever you are disturbed, find a place where you can concentrate on yourself and analyze the situation inside the path you have chosen for your life.