Thursday, August 27, 2009

090815 POINTS TO IMPROVE YOURSELF

Most of us desire to improve ourselves. I spent lot of time in trying to analyze as to how can I improve myself. I came up with following idea. The basic concept of this idea is that I should try to find out as to what actions others should do by which I will consider them better persons. Then I should apply the idea to myself.

SERVICE, LOVE AND RESPECT:

I think you should be ready to serve any one who may need your service and without any desire for being paid back. Actually, any type of such service may benefit the other person, whom you are serving, but it will decidedly be beneficial to you. It will develop more confidence in you and you will feel lot better.

I think every one desires love and respect. Again with same basic concept, before you can get love and respect, you have to start giving love and respect to every one. In several religious ideas, they ask you to see GOD in every human being. If you can start practicing to see GOD in every living being, it will become easy to start loving and respecting every one and you will become a better person. When you start seeing GOD in every one, you will not criticize or blame any one. Just think for yourself – if some one blames or criticizes you, decidedly, you do not like it. Even a small child of two years old will prefer that what ever work he/she has done should not be condemned. It is good to remember that we all do every thing because we think that is right thing to do. So, if you think I should not have done it, it only means that we (you and me) think in different ways. That decidedly does not make me or you wrong.

You can play a game when you have time for yourself and do not expect to be disturbed – Write down all the instances that you remember when you blamed or criticized any one. Then evaluate all such instances for items like

At the end, was any one benefited with that?
Was there any other way, you could have handled the situation, without the criticism?

In most of the situations you will find that no one benefits with blames or criticism. Actually, the relationships can deteriorate with such actions. With some constructive thinking, you may be able to find how you could have changed your actions of criticism. Following statement may help.

There was swimming championship going on. One mother saw her daughter came in last in the race. Obviously, the mother could not change the outcome, but mother rushed to the daughter and told her that “flipping of your feet has become close to perfection.” In this case, the mother did not make any wrong statement and neither had she criticized her daughter for some thing the daughter had done her best.

Obviously, you have to do hard work to find “good and positive” aspects of any situation, whereas criticism is so easy to find. I suggest that you get in practice of doing hard work and start finding good aspects of every situation – I am sure there are positives.